Western Thatch Ants
Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park hosts Western Thatch Ants. At this time of the season these ants are active so please respect these normal bugs and steer clear of any unneeded interruption of the domiciles, that are by means of mounds. Please keep all meals sealed and stored away you should definitely in use, and make use of garbage and recycling bins to get rid of waste. These actions helps avoid any undesired connection with these small animals.
Dogs aren’t allowed on coastline areas.
Pets/domestic pets must certanly be on a leash and in order all times.
you will be accountable for their behavior and must get rid of their excrement. Animals aren’t allowed within the beach that is day-use regarding the park. Animals are permitted regarding the coastline right beside the campground between May 1 and 14, however they must be on a leash february. Please observe posted signs (see park map).
About It Park
Majestic old-growth trees, gorgeous ocean sunsets and an inviting, wide sandy beach with campsites nestled amongst mature Douglas fir woods makes Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park in Parksville one of many leading holiday locations on Vancouver Island.
At low tide the ocean recedes very nearly a kilometre, supplying a place that is ideal site site visitors of all many years to try out when you look at the sand and explore the shoreline. If the tide rolls in on the sun-baked sand, the warmed water is unbeatable for swimming and sodium water enjoyable.
Rathtrevor Beach is great for a relaxed household outing. Just stay right right back and immerse the seaside atmosphere up and take a stroll through the wooded upland area associated with park. All campsites are inside a walk that is 5-minute the two km stretch of sandy coastline. The park additionally features a sizable area that is day-use ideal for an afternoon picnic.
Bird watching can also be a popular task in the park, particularly in the springtime whenever more and more seabirds congregate for the herring spawn that is annual.
During February, March and April, Rathtrevor Beach normally one of the better spots in the Island to look at the migrating Brant geese.
Know Before Going
- This can be an extremely popular park all year-round. Throughout the summer season (between your week that is last of and Labour Day in September), reservations are expected. From May 15th into the the other day of June, reservations are strongly suggested. Although reservations are needed into the summer time period, unclaimed or sites that are unreserved be accessible on per night to evening foundation. Please seek advice from the park operator.
- Alternate camping area might be accessible at nearby Englishman River Falls Provincial Park (13 kilometer) or Little Qualicum Falls Provincial Park (24 kilometer). These two areas additionally accept reservations.
- This park won’t have a motorboat launch. The closest launch reaches French Creek Marina, 8 km north associated with park on Hwy 19a.
All campsite, team group and campsite picnic shelter reservations needs to be made through Discover Camping. When reservations aren’t available, all campsites work as first-come, first-served.
Campsite reservations are accepted as of this park. All drive-in and walk-in campsites are reservable; there aren’t any first-come, first-served internet web web sites.
Group Campsite Reservations
Group campsite reservations are accepted for the combined team campsites through Discover Camping.
Group Picnic Shelter Reservations
Location and Maps
Please be aware: Any maps listed are for information just; they might maybe maybe not represent appropriate boundaries and really should not be useful for navigation.
Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park is located 3 kilometer south of Parksville on Hwy 19a, on central Vancouver Island. Simply simply Take exit #51 from the Inland Island Highway (Hwy #19) and follow signs to the park. The closest communities foreignbride.net review are Parksville, Qualicum and Nanaimo.
Maps and Brochures
Any maps detailed are for information just; they could maybe maybe not express boundaries that are legal shouldn’t be employed for navigation.
Culture and nature
- History: Rathtrevor took its title through the Irish household who homesteaded with this land. William Rath, a silver prospector, arrived in 1886 together with his wife that is young and daughter. They built a log cabin, cleared the land, as well as in 1895 they built the barn. William passed away in 1903, making Elizabeth the farm and five kiddies. She turned out to be a person that is industrious successfully operating the farm and in the end running it being a campground. The suffix вЂњtrevorвЂќ ended up being put into supply the campground a far more lyrical name. Rathtrevor Campground became Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park in 1967 and although much changed since William and Elizabeth first arrived, its beauty and value will undoubtedly be preserved for the continued satisfaction.
- Wildlife: Several types of wildlife is visible within the park, including deer, raccoons, squirrels, otters, mink, eagles, osprey, hawks, vultures, owls, and shore that is many migratory wild wild birds that utilize the park area throughout their springtime and fall migrations. Probably the most famous migratory coast wild birds will be the Brant geese (Branta bernicla) whom make use of the beaches of Rathtrevor and Craig Bay as staging and feeding areas throughout their spring migration to north Canada and Alaska.
- Management Preparing Information
- Rathtrevor Provincial Park Management Arrange PDF 1.96MBDisclaimer:This is maybe not the initial management preparation item. This document happens to be scanned through the format that is original of plan. It might probably include some changes that are formatting but the content is in line with the first.
Activities Offered At this Park
Animals on Leash
Facilities Offered At this Park
You will find 6 team campsites as of this park. Group Sites 1 вЂ“ 4 are positioned off Rath path simply through the management building, before the day-use is reached by you parking lots.
These websites are operating out of a available industry, with picnic tables, fire bands, flush toilets/change building and a brand new clean station with fresh water.
Group web web Sites 5 & 6 are situated in the future from Group Sites 1 вЂ“ 4 into the parking that is old 4 area. Group campsites are available from might 12 to October 15. Reservation information В»
Youth team camping costs per evening are $1/person (6+), having a $50 minimum and $150 maximum. See the Youth Group policy about Criteria for Youth Groups.
Regular group camping fees per are the bottom price when it comes to site, that is $120.00/group night site/night, plus $5/adult (16+, minimal cost for 15 grownups), plus $1/child (6-15). Kids under 6 are free!
This park has a big day-use/picnic area near the coastline and ocean with 3 parking lots, 75 picnic tables, 2 reservable picnic shelters, pit toilets, two 2 flush toilet/change structures, walking tracks as well as an adventure play ground. Reservation information В»